Saturday, April 12, 2008

Final AeroGarden report, more flowers and spring is here!

The final verdict- AeroGarden works! It was exactly 15 weeks 2 days before we started picking our first ripe tomatoes. I'm so excited that this project worked out and I can't wait to start growing herbs once my tomatoes are done (and eaten).


Here is my first "harvest", pretty exciting!


And I made a yummy lemon shrimp salad out of it! The family will attest, it disappeared before anyone could say "tomato".

On Friday we spent one of the first warm days this year out in the backyard. It was so nice to warm our frozen bones in the sun.


Alex introduced his BFF Ava to his jumper and they had a blast.

But then she decided to play baseball instead.

Alex has discovered his Mickey Mouse hat from 2 years ago and he hasn't parted with it for the last 2 days :))

I absolutely love spring flowers. Look at these beautiful crocuses. I think there is absolutely no excuse for not growing spring bulbs. They're the "plant and forget" variety. You plant them once and you will never have to think about them again (except when you look at them in full bloom and admire their beauty). They will multiply so much every year that it's amazing to see the results of your "un"labor when they flower every spring.


Zarochka, this is for you! Look at my beautiful orange Hibiscus flowers that started flowering this week. Now I can definitely tell that spring is in the air!

5 comments:

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

OMG, I don't come to your house for a week and you are already harvesting aerogarden!!! I cannot believe, that thing really works - so how did they taste?! I am afraid because they grow "in water" they will taste like "water". Were they good?

I love your crocuses and hibiscus - soooo pretty! I didn't know you guys have that giant inflatable thingie, sounds so fun. I was wondering why Ava took a 4 hour nap :)

Emily Sullenger said...

Ok, I still don't have tomatoes, so you beat me on that. Darn, they look good. Did I tell you that my orchid is blooming again? So far 4 flowers, two more coming. It is a nice gift, thanks. Sorry we didn't get to see your cute face this weekend.

Alex, Nicholas and Lukas' family said...

Carine, they tasted good. Of course not the "under the sun" quality but much better than watered down tomatoes from the store. I'm excited to grow herbs next. They usually burn out outside in the summer but should do well inside!

Alex, Nicholas and Lukas' family said...

Liz, I'm so excited that the orchid is blooming again! It's so cool!!! Where do you keep it usually? I'm sorry too that I didn't see you. I had a terrible headache and I was tired from all the studying... When Dave came home I asked him if you guys wanted to do something with us that evening. He said no and I was sad... We hope to come and see you in the summer. We just need to plan. May will not work anymore :((

Nico, Zara and little David said...

Paulinochka, your hibiscuses look gorgous! so pretty!!!!!!!!!! I love the color! I think aerogarden is a great idea, and it seems like the veggies are healthy and yummy.
I really think that you and Carine should do kids borrow days (when they live in one house together for a week and then you switch). they have so much fun together!