Saturday, September 13, 2008

Alex's first day of preschool


This was one of the most exciting days for Alex so far in his life. He started preschool this year. He has known that he was going to go for a few months and he kept asking us all summer long when his school would start. Every time we drove by his elementary school, he would acknowledge that it is his school! And then finally the day has come...
He had to make a scrapbooking page for his class album before his first day (yes, yes, guys, don't be surprised, I actually had to do a scrapbooking page- I was shocked myself :)
He got a new outfit for his first day (which he at first refused to put on in the morning; he definitely didn't wake refreshed that day...).

And then our little boy headed to school. Since his school is within 15 min walk, we committed to walking him to school every day: benefit of exercise, saving gas money, and being green all at the same time! Can't get better than that!
Alex has been going to school for a week now and he loved every minute of it. When we walk home from school he sings songs to us every day that he learned there! I'm so happy that we put him in preschool- he's going to learn a lot there and also make new friends.
Our little boy grew up...

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Paulina they grow so fast! He looks so adorable.

Gudgell said...

It brings tears to grannie's eyes to think he is so grown up. Where does the time go. Thanks for sharing that moment.

n

The Sullenger's said...

Can't he stay little forever? Did you go to McDonald's Jr to celebrate these first days of school? I am sure he is the smartest boy in his class.

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

Paulin - are you turning into Martha Stewart?

I am glad Alex likes preschool! That's awesome!

Kirstin said...

Looks good! I'm dying to get my hair cut.