Monday, December 17, 2007

Don't you love what kids say?

So here is one for the laughs... The day after we got Sandy Cheeks, in the early morning we were in the kitchen training her to go potty on the newspapers carefully arranged by the back door (the idea is to eventually put the papers outside so she can go there). Being a very smart puppy she immediately caught on and did her business. After she did it I gave her a treat and praised her. Alex was standing there in his PJs mesmerized by what just happened. The next thing I know Alex comes up to me and says: "Mama, I need to go pee". So I started to take him to the bathroom, as usual, but he resisted me and dragged me the other way. Puzzled, I went with him. He took me to the newspapers where Sandy just did her business and started to take his PJs off. When I asked what he was doing, Alex said: "Alex wants to pee on paper. Alex wants a treat!"
I can't describe to you how hard we were laughing. I had to sit down with Alex and explain to him why puppies go on the newspapers and boys go in the toilet. I think he got it because it never happened again. But did we ever get a good laugh!

4 comments:

Emily Sullenger said...

I think you should have let him go. That is funny, maybe Dave and Alex will eventually go outside if you start training them now!! We miss you all!

The Randall's said...

Thanks for the story. I needed a good laugh. That just makes my day. Way to go Alex!!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. Great blog guys. Wish I could be there to enjoy that Utah snow.

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

wait till he will start drinking from the dog bowl and eating dog food. Ava was into it for a while, then she transitioned into "biting" the dog back when she would snap at her.

Yay, dogs and kids are tons of fun!