We relaxed at home all afternoon. I read my book on the lanai listening to the ocean, Dave played games, Alex played with his toys and watched cartoons and my mom did something upstairs- I think she slept :))
Closer to the evening we went to the Napili beach and took our snorkeling gear. My mom decided to try snorkeling. At first she had a hard time breathing under water (it takes some practice to figure out exactly how to do it for those that haven't done it before). THen she slowly figured it out and went out with Dave. She saw lots of fish and was very excited and proud of her accomplishments.
Alex was playing on the beach with a couple of older boys (7-8 y.o.) and had great times. Dave and I then went out to snorkel together and we got to this place in the middle of the cove where corals come very close to the surface and it got a little freaky when every wave would push us around. We were looking for a turtle that Dave saw earlier. Suddenly, Dave started to yell my name under water and I swam toward him. He pointed to... a huge eel on the bottom of the ocean that was hiding between the corals. It was light blue and yellow in color and looked HUGE to me. It was opening and closing its mouth looking at us. I almost freaked out but I haven't heard before that eels attack so we kept staring at him. Eventually, I decided I didn't want to be the first to find out that eels bite and swam back to the shore.
It was actually a very nice, relaxing day for all of us. Get ready for new adventures tomorrow!





1 comment:
You are making us jealous. We see lots of birds and ants here in this part of the world. Maybe in 2010 we will be able to go with you. We have always loved Hawaii.
Keep smiling and enjoy your last few days in paradise.
Dad and Mom
Post a Comment