Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Alex's first day of school- 1st grade!

Is it just me or it seems like we're going in a circle? Didn't I just write about Alex's first day of school? O wait, it was a YEAR ago... Can you believe it? My big boy is a 1st grader!!! Where has the time gone?Fully equipped with a huge backpack, new shoes, and a new outfit, Alex started his 1st grade yesterday.
Babulya stayed home with sleeping Nicholas.

But the rest of us, including the dog, walked to school with Alex. Even our neighbor Karen got to walk with us part of the way :) Just look at Alex's huge backpack! How does he carry that thing?




At school Alex got a desk assigned to him. We had to move his "girlfriend" Kennedy to another desk because otherwise neither one of them would get any work done at school! Alex had a very easy transition. No tears, no fears, no worry. I think the previous 2 years of being in school have helped him a lot!


Contrary to my expectations, I didn't even shed a tear :) I was happy for Alex to start this new and exciting chapter of his life. Education is the road to success!
My dear Alex, I wish you all the best in your educational journey through life. We'll be there to support you through all of it.
We love you very much!

1 comment:

Nico, Zara and little David said...

I am so proud of Alex! I balled my eyes out on the first day of school. He, on the other hand, is a one happy kid. That bag pack is HUGE!!! Paulina, what does he have in there??!