Thursday, September 2, 2010
California, day 1- Disneyland
This trip was meant to be. We were actually going to skip vacation this year and just work. Well, life had other plans in store for us. Dave's cousins Frank and Linda pretty much offered us to use their beach house in Laguna Beach and we couldn't say no :) So here we are in California enjoying the nice weather, the beach house (thanks SO much, Frank and Linda) and all that California has to offer. Day 1- Disneyland!!! Alex was so excited to come here! We actually went to Disney World when he was 2 but he has zero recollection of that trip :)
As we walked into the park, immediately we met Mickey.
My mom came along with us on this vacation and, of course, she has never been to Disneyland before (neither have I actually), so she was also excited to meet Mickey.
We walked down the Main Street to get to all the attractions.
First ride of the day was Buzz Lightyear.
At lunch time we just had to go find the infamous turkey legs and I enjoyed one whole leg by myself! Ok, ok, I did share a little bit of my leg with everybody, but I'm not sharing tomorrow!
We had very nice lunch.

Nicholas really enjoyed his first trip to Disneyland. Wait, he actually napped through half of it, but it made for one happy baby, which of course we didn't mind :)
Half way through the day we had to replenish our energy with some delicious blended drinks, mmmmmm.
What trip to Disneyland is complete without a ride in the teacups? At first I didn't want to go (the heat of the day made me think that I would get too sick). But then I dragged Dave and Alex to go on it with me for the second time :)
Nicholas got his very own Mickey Mouse ears hat!
Now both of the boys have their own :)
I don't know how many days it will take to get the song "It's a small world after all" out of my head.... Here I go again. It's a small world after all, la la la.... Shoot :(

But at least the ride was fun..
Dave and Alex had a second run-in with Mickey while we were resting in the shade.
Then we met Goofy.

Toontown was great but the best part was resting in the shade and gathering our energy back up :)
Hello, Pluto!
Nicholas wasn't afraid at all.
Alex, you're so strong!


We also went on the big steam boat around the lake.

Somehow I managed to get on the front seat of the Splash Mountain ride at the very end of the day. Yeah... my pants ARE all wet...
Until tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
I am so glad you decided to go on this trip. Looks fantastic and it seems like the kids are loving it! Nicholas is so happy!
You peed your pants!! Wish I was there with you!! What fun! Gala looks like a tourist. Have a super time...don't get wet again.
Great pics, incredible memories!
What a wonderful way to share your good times with friends. I am glad that the whole family looks happy. Great pictures.
love Nick with the mickey hat - hillarious!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment