In the morning Babulya took Nicholas for a stroll and disappeared. Alex and I went to look for them and ended up on the beach in our pajamas. It didn't even faze me because everybody in Laguna Beach walks around in their what looks like PJs at 8 am :) We stayed there for a while and watched huge waves crashing on the shore. Ocean. What a powerful force! I was in awe! We went back home and found out that Nicholas and Babulya were in the backyard the whole time.
Later on we drove along the PCH looking for a beach. We were staying right next to the beach but thought that it'd be a good idea to try and find another beach. Why? I have no idea. We did come across some very pretty sights but no parking whatsoever. This made me come to the first realization of this trip: it's very important to stay close to what you want to do during your vacation. In our case- the beach. If we didn't stay close to the beach, we'd have a hard time finding parking and (my) vacation would be ruined :) I just LOVE the beach :)))
So we drove back home, parked the car and walked to our beach :))) Nicholas immediately got tired. Bummer.
My mom was testing the water. Although the air was warm and comfortable despite the fog, the water was a little cold at first.
This is what it looked like at the beginning of the day.
Nicholas did get his feet (and diaper) all wet.

Alex had so much fun chasing the waves.
We played some beach games for a while.
Nicholas got his first taste of sand. I turned around for a split second to apply sunscreen on Alex and the next thing I knew Nicholas was sitting there with fists full of sand, eating it with great appetite (like everything else that comes near his mouth).

Then Nicholas took his first nap on the beach :)

Alex and I built an awesome sand fortress and the ocean helped us create a water canal around it :)
Babulya decided that water was good enough to swim and got knocked down by a huge wave.
Once we all got in the water the first time, we realized that water is actually quite warm and we all tried boogie boarding. Alex- not very successfully. On his very first try he hit his nose on the board which caused many tears and Alex said he would never come near a boogie board ever again!
But he would sit on it with us :)

Dave and I though quickly got a hang of it and we had lots of fun boogie boarding!


This is what it looked like an hour after we got there. Once the sun came out it was very hot and even the cool water felt great. We spent lots of time swimming, boarding, running and falling in the waves.
Then the most incredible thing happened that made my day even better: I saw DOLPHINS playing in the ocean!!!!!!! At first I thought there were people freestyle swimming, but when I looked closely I realized that they were dolphins jumping in and out of water. SO COOL!
We ended our day walking along the PCH, finding a local Taco place (Taco Loco), which by the way wasn't great at all, which made me come to a second realization of the trip: don't believe the online reviews of restaurants.
Until tomorrow! More adventures to come :)





5 comments:
Oh man I am one very JeAlOuS girl right now! Beach, sun, family, dolphins, Southern Cal, Disneyland... STOP!!! :) We are doing a trip in Oct. but I don't think the weather will be as great for beach time! Boo.
Yeah... I'm with Shirley! You all look so happy. The pictures are making me even more jealous. Paulina, you look amazing! Glad you had so much fun!
This looks awesome! I think the ocean in the fog is even more enchanting! I can not believe how close you were to the beach (your apartment). That is so convenient!
Thanks girls! I appreciate your kind words.
Zar, we actually stayed in a house, about a block from the ocean. What a beautiful place California is! I miss it so much already...
I loved tuman, so pretty! You guys look great together!
Post a Comment