Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 1: 15 interesting facts about me

I will try very hard to stick to 30 days of blogging. I realize that life can get in the way as I am a very busy person at the time. So here we go, in no particular order:
1. My kids are everything to me. Honestly, it scares me how much I love them. I used to grin at the saying "the love of my life", but now I realize that I gave birth to 2 loves of my life... so far :)
2. I love my husband and feel very blessed every day that we found each other. It was definitely fate because of the circumstances of our meeting.
3. I love gardening. After my family, this is the most important thing in my life. There is something about digging in the dirt, being in the sun and nature, and marveling at the end product. Well, in reality, gardening never has a true "end product"; it is a seasonal work in progress and this is the beauty of it.
4. Cats fascinate me. They're such magical animals; very free-spirited and independent. I seriously think that my cat Bessie is smarter than some humans I know.
5. I am a Nurse Practitioner but I secretly wish and hope some day to open up a gardening business of some sort.
6. I am very humbled by the power of a heart. It is just an organ that makes our physical bodies alive, but having a healthy heart should never be taken for granted, as I learned last year.
7. I truly do enjoy every day of my life as I don't know how limited or prolonged this life can be. I try not to take any day for granted and live it as fully as I can.
"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present. ~Babatunde Olatunji"
8. I try very hard to make my family healthier, whether it be eating better or exercising more. I think I've been pretty successful lately.
9. Traveling is my other passion. If we can ever afford it, we plan to see every part of the World.
10. I have this amazing intuition that can sometimes be a blessing and sometimes... well, a barrier. I think I might have been a fortune-teller in a previous life :)
11. I respect people who are straight-forward, honest, hard-working, kind, and genuine. I can't stand whining and self-pity.
12. I often over-analyze things.
13. I am very lucky to have some amazing friends in whom I can trust 100% if needed.
14. I may appear as a very social person but I get shy in a new company of people I don't know and it takes me a while to warm up to them.
15. Alex said for the last one I have to put: I take good care of my kids. Thanks, Alex! You are so sweet :)

1 comment:

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

can I be your outsourced business adviser on your garndeing business?? haha. loved the post!