Don't know who she is? She is not a celebrity, not a singer, not an actress, and not a political figure. She is an organic farmer who also publishes a magazine.
Are you laughing yet? Well, it is my life-long dream and a secret wish one day to own a small organic farm. Yes, you read it right. You can stop rubbing your eyes in disbelief. It is true.
I read her articles in a sunday newspaper every week and I'm just amazed at her life. She often describes her day at a farm and I want more than anything to experience that for myself. She also gives lots of practical advice on how to make our lives simpler, more natural, healthier, and free of chemicals/additives/colorings/crap that our life is filled with. I SO want to be her some days!
In our modern world where organic is glorified, put on a pedestal, and made (financially) unavailable to most average families, MaryJane puts it all in perspective and makes suggestions on how to improve the world we live in, a small change at a time. I'm not a granola type or an organic junky. But I do want my kids to grow in a chemical-free (or minimized) environment. I want them to enjoy the simple tastes and flavors of real food that I know origins of and can actually identify the ingredients. I also want to be able to make life simpler. I believe myself to be a minimalist avoiding clutter and unnecessary "decorations". I also want our diet to become sort of "minimalist", with the minimal processing and ingredients required to make food taste delicious.
This is why I would love to live 1 day of my life in MaryJane's shoes, so I could learn how to make all these things possible, without compromising certain comforts and especially flavors of food we eat.
Call me crazy but this is what I would like, if the opportunity came along :)
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/SimpleSolutions/





2 comments:
Wait a minute. Mary Jane's farm means something different where I come from.
hmmmm...sorry but that was kind of...weird....:) don't know who she is but sounds cool.
Post a Comment