Nicholas is another story :) He started out in a backpack carried by Dave.

But that didn't last long because he was missing his mama too much. So we had to switch and I became 20 lbs heavier. Nicholas was in 7th Heaven playing with my hair and cooing behind my back. I didn't think I would make it all the way up...
Along the way we found a few picture-worthy spots :)

The fall colors were amazing, but most of all, the SMELL of fall was unbelievable. A mixture of pine trees, dried wet grass, aspen leaves, and wet soil. I couldn't get enough of that smell into my lungs.

On the way up we got a little lost and off course. We ended up hiking up some little travelled trail that led us through bushes and broken tree branches. We realized we took a wrong turn somewhere.
Ok, back on course now :)
We made it!
Dave was the brave one and climbed all the way up to the donut falls.
The water drops into a "donut" or a cave as Dave put it.
This is us down below taken by Dave at the top of the Donut falls.
It was time to go back.
Nicholas behaved well in the backpack the rest of the way :)



It was a great family outing! We all enjoyed it very much! I was mostly proud of Alex for making it all the way up and never complaining! I was also proud of Nicholas for sitting behind my back very contently. For the exception of him pulling on my hair the whole way... But that's nothing new :)

But that didn't last long because he was missing his mama too much. So we had to switch and I became 20 lbs heavier. Nicholas was in 7th Heaven playing with my hair and cooing behind my back. I didn't think I would make it all the way up...
Along the way we found a few picture-worthy spots :)
The fall colors were amazing, but most of all, the SMELL of fall was unbelievable. A mixture of pine trees, dried wet grass, aspen leaves, and wet soil. I couldn't get enough of that smell into my lungs.
On the way up we got a little lost and off course. We ended up hiking up some little travelled trail that led us through bushes and broken tree branches. We realized we took a wrong turn somewhere.
Ok, back on course now :)
We made it!
Dave was the brave one and climbed all the way up to the donut falls.
The water drops into a "donut" or a cave as Dave put it.
This is us down below taken by Dave at the top of the Donut falls.
It was time to go back.
Nicholas behaved well in the backpack the rest of the way :)


It was a great family outing! We all enjoyed it very much! I was mostly proud of Alex for making it all the way up and never complaining! I was also proud of Nicholas for sitting behind my back very contently. For the exception of him pulling on my hair the whole way... But that's nothing new :)





3 comments:
Man can your family be any cuter! Ok now I really want to go fill my lungs! Nicholas looks just like you! So cute
what a pretty hike! i loved the photos!
Those are such cute photos and it looks like it was a fun hike. I can not believe how Nicholas was so calm and content. That is a nice carrier!
Post a Comment