Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 4: a habit that I wish I didn't have

Hmmm, that's a tough one. I don't have any habits that are socially unacceptable, I guess. But I can certainly think of a few that I wish I could change.
For one, I wish I wasn't so dependent on internet. Checking things on internet is my daily habit. Sometimes I feel like I'm physically attached to my computer and I HAVE to check multiple email accounts, FB, and other random things regularly. I want to work on decreasing the amount I spend on the internet. On the positive note though, this habit means that I have lots of great friends who I keep in touch with regularly. If I wasn't checking my email daily I would certainly get very backed up on my emails and still have to spend a lot of time going through them.

Another habit I want to work on is being over-analytical. I sometimes spend hours and hours analyzing things in my head, coming up with alternate solutions, predicting outcomes, and even developing multiple outcome scenarios for things that I do. The negative aspect of this habit is that I get worked up over things that either haven't happened yet or will never happen. The positive aspect is that I almost never get caught off guard because I think of all possible outcomes ahead of time. I mentally prepare myself for the best and for the worst case scenarios all the time. Can I say I'm never disappointed? No. But I almost always "know" ahead of time of all possible outcomes. Call me a pessimist? Maybe or maybe not. Call me a person with a great intuition? Definitely!

The bottom line is I want to work on being more carefree, learning to go with the flow rather than always try to predict things, and just enjoying the ride!

No comments: